A few of my favorite Things

  • Costco time with Jonny and Maggie and Mr Pauls House, Pluckers with Uncle T and Ryan
  • Ballet, School, Stretch and Grow and Riding my bike
  • Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Zoe
  • Hot Dogs, French Fries, Grapes, Pizza and Broccoli
  • Toy Story, Monsters Inc. Shrek and FInding Nemo

About Me

My photo
Born June 16, 2008 9:46 pm 7 lbs and 7 oz 20 inches via c-section

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Going home!





Wow! My first day at home was very different from my routine at the hospital. After Mommy took her class and they dropped me off in her room, the picture lady came and unwrapped me and tried to take my picture. I was very cold and kept trying to tell her to wrap me back up! Then they wheeled us downstairs where Daddy met us in his monster truck and put me in my car seat. I wanted him to leave me wrapped up but he unwrapped me and buckled me in. As we waved good-bye to the nice nurse we started toward home. We were met at the door by my 2 new sisters; Bella and Biscuit. They were both very sweet to me and gave me lots of kisses. I said hello and Biscuit immediately took her post as my new watcher. If I cried she jumped up and checked on me or if I was talking she poked her head over the bed side to see if I needed anything. Bella never got to come see me 'cause Biscuit kept me safe, so she barked her hellos from a distance.
Daddy disappeared for a little bit and Mommy and I talked to Grandma and Granddad on the phone and then we took a walk a little ways down the street and we took a nap. I think I'm gonna like it here!

5 comments:

sheralyn said...

Absolutely LOVE the going-home outfit! I can think it was picked out especially for me :) :) :) And the pictures of Biscuit are hilarious...what a good guard dog!

Sue said...

She looks like a beautiful baby! The pictures of Biscuit and Emily were especially cute. Hope Miss Emily is sleeping a little bit since you got her home. The hospital is not a good place to get any rest. Colleen, hope you are feeling better.

Susan said...

Welcome HOME, Emily!!! Give your mom and dad big smiles and hugs for me. Tell Biscuit not to poke you too much with her big nose, and to let Bella give you some love too sometimes...

I wish I could be there to hug you all!!!

You're absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love,
Aunt Susie
(I can't believe I am a Great Aunt!!!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that I got to see my first grandbaby when she was "fresh". Hope that the days and nights will sooon be turned around for you. I love you all!!!!

Judy said...

Yeah! She's finally here and cute as can be. Very precious and by the looks of things in very good "paws"! Have fun taking care of each other - the adventure has just begun. Good health and many blessings to all.

Love -
Judy La Farnara